- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups Ziti Pasta
- Mrs. Dash’s Spicy Seasoning
- 1 lb. Pork Roast
- 1 lb. Pancetta
- 1 lb. Hamburger
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 2 cans Spaghetti Sauce (I prefer homemade, or Bertoli if there is not enough time)
- 2 cups Italian Cheese Blend
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Bread
- Softened butter
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Parsley (optional)
- Cut top of garlic to expose garlic cloves, rub with olive oil and Mrs. Dash. Wrap in foil and twist at top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Let cool completely. Set in fridge for up to two weeks. Season pork roast with Mrs. Dash, or whatever seasonings you prefer. Slow cook approximately 6 hours, until it falls apart when prodded. Cook hamburger. Slightly brown the Italian sausage (I roll them into small meatballs) and drain the fat. Place on a wire rack and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until no longer pink. Cook pancetta. Add all the meat to the spaghetti sauce, homemade or not. Cook on medium heat for approximately a half an hour. Add enough Mrs. Dash or whatever seasonings you prefer- I use a little of the roasted garlic and fresh oregano and basil. Fresh gives so much more flavor, and add at the end of the cooking. Boil the water and cook the ziti noodles. Add the noodles to an oven safe dish, mix with the spaghetti sauce and top with Italian cheese, and fresh cut basil. Prepare italian bread with softened butter, mixed with the roasted garlic and you can add some fresh parsley if desired. Top with some italian cheese if wanted. Bake in oven with the baked ziti, for about ten minutes, or until cheese has melted. You can brush the italian bread with olive oil and top with fresh basil and oregano and a touch of cheese, and bake until crusted brown for a lighter version.
- This is my meaty baked ziti! My husband is a meat and potato man, but this is one of his favorite dishes.
NotesThis is my meaty baked ziti! My husband is a meat and potato man, but this is one of his favorite dishes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Short & SweetSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More