- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of the few baked pasta recipes I would make again. I, personally, love this with a can of Hunts Zesty & Spicy sauce, and a jar of whatever else is on hand. The original recipe says it makes 8 servings/in a two-quart dish, but it made a full 11x13 baking dish.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat. Add onions; saute until tender. Drain fat and add spaghetti sauce; simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4. Combine cooked noodles and sour cream, mix until well coated.
- 5. Spoon a portion of sauce onto bottom of baking dish, cover with about half of the pasta; top with a layer of provolone and mozzarella cheese slices. Cover with sauce. Add another layer of each and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- 6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce are bubbly; serve.