- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryThis is a great way to use up garden fresh zucchini or left over farmer's market bounty. Check out my other recipes to see the traditional fried version.
- 1 medium-large zucchini (or 2 small)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 cup seasoned italian breadcrumbs
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Pizza sauce or ranch dip for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degress F
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and then slice into sticks. The thinner your sticks, the crispier they will be.
- Put the zucchini sticks and 2 Tbsp flour in a gallon size ziplock bag and shake to coat.
- Set up your breading station by cracking your egg into a bowl and whisking it with the pressed garlic. Add the Italian bread crumbs to a second bowl.
- One or two sticks at a time, dip the zucchini into the egg and then transfer to the breadcrumbs bowl. Spoon more bread crumbs over the top. Shake off excess and transfer to baking sheet.
- When all the zucchini sticks have been breaded, make sure they are not touching each other on the baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Flip sticks over, spray with olive oil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dip or pizza sauce for dipping
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More