- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Using approximately half the butter grease 4 shallow individual baking dishes. Each should be around 5 inches in diameter to allow the egg to spread out.
- Split the parmesan cheese between the dishes and spread it around.
- Break an egg, gently, into each dish. Sprinkle with salt, nutmeg and black pepper. Carefully dot each with the remaining butter being careful not to break the yolk.
- Bake, uncovered in the oven until eggs are set to your desire-generally between 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow guests to top with whatever they want from sourcream to caviar-of course one needs caviar on hand to allow the latter. With a nice home baked bread and a fruit smoothie this makes a wonderful and memorable breakfast treat.
NotesI don't know where my brother got this recipe and he can't remember. This is a real hit for those who want to make "different" eggs at the same time. You can put as many toppings on each egg as you can dream up-so some like them hot, some cool, some sour, some sweet-its all good. This particular recipe is for 4 eggs. Obviously you can make as many as needed by increasing the amounts accordingly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More