- Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes, approx
- Servings: 24-36 cookies
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- sprinkles, colored sugars, or jimmies for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add corn syrup, vanilla, egg, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the flour, making sure to scrape the dough from the bottom of the bowl. This will be a dry dough.
- Scoop out equal-sized pieces of dough and place at least 2” apart on prepared cookie sheet. Cookies can be sprinkled before baking with colored jimmies or a cinnamon/sugar mixture. Press the toppings lightly into the raw dough. Cookies to be iced should be baked plain. Flatten lightly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending upon size) or until light brown around edges.
NotesThese are classic bakery sugar cookies - huge and chewy! This recipe first appeared in my book "Start & Run a Home-based Food Business"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Koken met OmaSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More