- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 lb phyllo dough
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 sliced lemon
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and set them aside. Unroll phyllo and place on clean dry surface. Use knife to trim it to 9x13 inches. Place 2 phyllo sheets in baking pan and brush with butter; repeat two more times for a total of 6 sheets. Spread half the nuts and half the cinnamon sugar mix on phyllo. Cover with 2 phyllo sheets and brush with butter; repeat. Place 2 phyllo sheets on top of 2nd nut mixture, repeat two more times for a total of 6 sheets. Use knife to cut into squares or diamonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees then reduce temperature to 300 degrees and bake 45 to 60 minutes until Baklava is golden brown.
- Make the syrup with last 5 ingredients. Bring sugar, water, honey, lemon slices, and cinnamon sticks to a boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes, strain, and pour over the Baklava. Serve once it has cooled completely (24 hours if possible so the flavors can meld).
Notes(From Sushi & Choclate website)
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More