- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 lb phyllo dough
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 sliced lemon
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and set them aside. Unroll phyllo and place on clean dry surface. Use knife to trim it to 9x13 inches. Place 2 phyllo sheets in baking pan and brush with butter; repeat two more times for a total of 6 sheets. Spread half the nuts and half the cinnamon sugar mix on phyllo. Cover with 2 phyllo sheets and brush with butter; repeat. Place 2 phyllo sheets on top of 2nd nut mixture, repeat two more times for a total of 6 sheets. Use knife to cut into squares or diamonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees then reduce temperature to 300 degrees and bake 45 to 60 minutes until Baklava is golden brown.
- Make the syrup with last 5 ingredients. Bring sugar, water, honey, lemon slices, and cinnamon sticks to a boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes, strain, and pour over the Baklava. Serve once it has cooled completely (24 hours if possible so the flavors can meld).
Notes(From Sushi & Choclate website)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More