- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups creamed corn
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup medium cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time.
- Gradually mix in corn and cheeses.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread evenly in a greased 9x13" cake pan.
- Place in oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 300 degress.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- This makes the moistest corn bread you'll ever have!
- I usually double the recipe for company since it goes so fast!
NotesMy family has a cabin in Estes Park, Colorado and every year I'd spend the summer there. We always made sure to go to the Baldpate Inn for lunch while we were there. The food is very simple-only soup, salad, breads and desserts-but so amazing. This is my favorite thing to eat there and everyone I make it for loves it too!
I save this recipe usually only for Thanksgiving time because it's so rich. We always look foward to having it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More