- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted, crushed
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 ciabatta baguette loaf (about 15 inches)
- 2 cups arugula
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Combine fennel seed, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper in small bowl; mix well. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely; marinate in refrigerator 6 to 24 hours.
- 2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill steak, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak diagonally into thin slices.
- 3. Meanwhile cut ciabatta in half lengthwise; brush cut sides with remaining olive oil. Grill cut-side-down, during last 2 minutes of grilling beef.
- 4. Place steak slices on bottom half of bread, top with arugula and blue cheese; drizzle with remaining balsamic vinegar. Close sandwich.
- Nutrition information per serving: 415 calories; 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat; 10 g monounsaturated fat); 86 mg cholesterol; 829 mg sodium; 21 g carbohydrate; 0.9 g fiber; 32 g protein; 7.1 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.7 mcg vitamin B12; 3.0 mg iron; 30.4 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc; 96.3 mg choline.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron and choline.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More