- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted, crushed
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 ciabatta baguette loaf (about 15 inches)
- 2 cups arugula
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Combine fennel seed, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper in small bowl; mix well. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely; marinate in refrigerator 6 to 24 hours.
- 2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill steak, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak diagonally into thin slices.
- 3. Meanwhile cut ciabatta in half lengthwise; brush cut sides with remaining olive oil. Grill cut-side-down, during last 2 minutes of grilling beef.
- 4. Place steak slices on bottom half of bread, top with arugula and blue cheese; drizzle with remaining balsamic vinegar. Close sandwich.
- Nutrition information per serving: 415 calories; 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat; 10 g monounsaturated fat); 86 mg cholesterol; 829 mg sodium; 21 g carbohydrate; 0.9 g fiber; 32 g protein; 7.1 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.7 mcg vitamin B12; 3.0 mg iron; 30.4 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc; 96.3 mg choline.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron and choline.
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More