- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/3 C bacon, cooked & crumbled
- big splash of balsamic vinegar
- Clean and trim brussels sprouts. If they're larger, cut them in half.
- Steam brussels sprouts until almost tender and set aside.
- Cook bacon, remove bacon from pan, crumble and set aside.
- Reserve bacon grease.
- Dice onion.
- Saute onion in the pan that the bacon was cooked in. Add back a bit of the fat if needed.
- When onions start getting translucent, add brussels spouts to the pan.
- Continue to saute brussels sprouts & onions in bacon grease, until brussels sprouts start to carmelize a bit.
- Add crumbled bacon.
- Add a big splash of balsamic vinegar.
NotesI have no idea how I came up with this. I think I was originally just throwing things together. But now it's my favorite way to make brussels sprouts.
Adventures in Cooking
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More