- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/3 C bacon, cooked & crumbled
- big splash of balsamic vinegar
- Clean and trim brussels sprouts. If they're larger, cut them in half.
- Steam brussels sprouts until almost tender and set aside.
- Cook bacon, remove bacon from pan, crumble and set aside.
- Reserve bacon grease.
- Dice onion.
- Saute onion in the pan that the bacon was cooked in. Add back a bit of the fat if needed.
- When onions start getting translucent, add brussels spouts to the pan.
- Continue to saute brussels sprouts & onions in bacon grease, until brussels sprouts start to carmelize a bit.
- Add crumbled bacon.
- Add a big splash of balsamic vinegar.
NotesI have no idea how I came up with this. I think I was originally just throwing things together. But now it's my favorite way to make brussels sprouts.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Salade asiatique aux rabioles à la sauce thaïe
Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes
Breakfast CalzonesSee More