- Cooking Time: 30-35
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup rosemary & garlic seasoning
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine the balsamic, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, rosemary & garlic seasoning, in a large, re-sealable plastic bag.
- Shake and squeeze the contents of the bag to dissolve the honey and the brown sugar.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bag and seal with as little air as possible in the bag.
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until the skin is caramelized and very dark in spots, about 30 to 35 minutes.
NotesMy friend Elly raved about a balsamic chicken recipe I've been meaning to try... and with limited ingredients in the kitchen, I'm thankful I had things on hand to adapt the original recipe. The recipe also called for balsamic vinegar, a definite pantry staple in my kitchen.
Here is my adapted recipe for Giada's Balsamic Chicken Drummettes, in which I used chicken thighs:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More