- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 36 truffles
- Preparation Time:
- * 8 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (recommended: Valrhona)
- * 1/4 cup cream
- * 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- * 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate and cream in a double boiler over hot but not simmering water. Place melted chocolate in a small bowl. Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Cool the chocolate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours, until firm but moldable.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out chocolate. Use your fingertips to shape into balls about the size of a cherry. Set the chocolate balls on a parchment-lined tray.
- Place the cocoa powder in a small shallow dish. Place 6 truffles at a time in the cocoa powder and roll the truffles around to coat, and return the coated truffles to the baking sheet. Continue with the remaining truffles. Place the truffles in a serving dish or airtight package.
NotesI have never tried chocolate and balsamic vinegar together. I love them both. Sounds very exotic. I can't wait to make these.
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes
Grandma's Thin PancakesSee More