- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 36 truffles
- Preparation Time:
- * 8 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (recommended: Valrhona)
- * 1/4 cup cream
- * 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- * 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate and cream in a double boiler over hot but not simmering water. Place melted chocolate in a small bowl. Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Cool the chocolate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours, until firm but moldable.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out chocolate. Use your fingertips to shape into balls about the size of a cherry. Set the chocolate balls on a parchment-lined tray.
- Place the cocoa powder in a small shallow dish. Place 6 truffles at a time in the cocoa powder and roll the truffles around to coat, and return the coated truffles to the baking sheet. Continue with the remaining truffles. Place the truffles in a serving dish or airtight package.
NotesI have never tried chocolate and balsamic vinegar together. I love them both. Sounds very exotic. I can't wait to make these.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More