- Cooking Time: 8
- Preparation Time: 8
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked for 15 minutes in hot water
- 8 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pound foccacia bread
- Combine the chicken breasts, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill and grill for 4 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear. Remove the chicken from the grill and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, sour cream, oregano, basil and thyme.
- Process until well blended.
- Season the cheese mixture with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast half in half. You should have 18 pieces that are each approximately 2 ounces.
- Cut focaccia into 18 (3-inch by 3-inch)squares. Cut each square in half horizontally.
- Spread the sundried tomato goat cheese spread on the bottom half of each piece of focaccia.
- Top the spread with a piece of chicken.
- Place the top piece of bread on top of the chicken.
- Serve at room temperature.
- The host of the party suggested making 1/2 the goat cheese mixture so it's not too overwhelming
NotesWent to a party the other day and the host made these finger sandwiches. They were so delicious, I ate three!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
MidLife Road Trip's
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More