Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak with Shiitake Mushrooms Recipe
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup red wine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/3 pounds lean flank steak
1 pound large shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1. To make the marinade, combine the balsamic vinegar, red wine, garlic and soy sauce together in a mixing bowl. (This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
2. Brush half of the marinade on the flank steak, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight. In a separate bowl, toss the remaining marinade with the shiitake mushrooms, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
4. Remove the steak and the mushrooms from the marinade and discard the marinade. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Brush the mushrooms with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
5. Grill the flank steak for 4 to 8 minutes on each side, depending on the desired doneness. Grill the mushrooms for 3 minutes on each side.
6. Let the steak rest on a carving plate for 1 or 2 minutes before slicing. Slice the steak and the mushrooms on the bias. Arrange the steak on a serving platter with the mushrooms on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.