- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups chicken stock (fat-free / low salt)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (I hate thyme...so I used rosemary instead)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp. creole seasoning
- Heat chicken stock, oil and vinegar. In a separate bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water. Add to the stock mixture. Gently boil for 1 minute to thicken.
- Remove from heat and cool. Add remaining ingredients and refrigerate.
- Each serving = 2 tablespoons, 21 calories, Fat = 2 gr., Carb. = 1 gr., Cal. from fat 85 %, and Sodium = 43 mg.
NotesIn my quest for healthier meals, I came across this marinade in a cookbook called The Good Life, by Pamela Smith. Its heavenly!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More