- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups chicken stock (fat-free / low salt)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (I hate thyme...so I used rosemary instead)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp. creole seasoning
- Heat chicken stock, oil and vinegar. In a separate bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water. Add to the stock mixture. Gently boil for 1 minute to thicken.
- Remove from heat and cool. Add remaining ingredients and refrigerate.
- Each serving = 2 tablespoons, 21 calories, Fat = 2 gr., Carb. = 1 gr., Cal. from fat 85 %, and Sodium = 43 mg.
NotesIn my quest for healthier meals, I came across this marinade in a cookbook called The Good Life, by Pamela Smith. Its heavenly!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
50 Shades of Taste
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More