- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- black pepper -- to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary -- or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove -- minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar (splenda)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse chicken with cold running water. Dry it. Mince
- together the rosemary leaves and garlic with the olive oil, rub the flesh with the oil and
- herb mixture. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Place chicken into an oven safe pan, mix chicken broth with any remaining herb mixture,
- adding to pan, roast for 20 to 25 minutes. Baste frequently with pan juices.
- When browned and juices run clear, transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Combine
- the vinegar with the brown sugar and any remaining pan juices, heat until sugar is
- melted and hot . Top chicken with the balsamic vinegar mixture as you serve.
NotesPer serving: 93 Calories (kcal); 3g Total Fat; (31% calories from fat); 14g
Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 34mg Cholesterol; 71mg Sodium
This recipe has 1/2 teaspoon Brown Sugar and 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil. You could
substitute, but this recipe is low enough in carbs and fat even with these items left in.