- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA very rich and flavorful way to un-rut your everyday grilled chicken breasts!
The glaze is wonderfully tasty - I found myself dipping everything on my plate into it.
Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Combine the balsamic, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, rosemary, and garlic cloves, in a large, re-sealable plastic bag.
- Shake and squeeze the contents of the bag to dissolve the honey and the brown sugar.
- Add the chicken to the bag and seal with as little air as possible in the bag.
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until the skin is caramelized and very dark in spots, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the marinade in a small saucepan.
- Bring the marinade to a boil (in order to kill bacteria).
- Reduce the heat to simmer and cook over low heat until thick, about 15-20 minutes.
- Use a pastry brush to brush some of the cooked marinade on the cooked chicken.
- Plate the chicken on top of a spoonful of sauce and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.