Banana Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Cookies
• 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
• 4 ripe bananas
• 1/4 cup sunflower oil
• 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
• 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
• a pinch of salt
• 1 cup of raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375∘F.
2. In food processor - mix bananas to an even paste. Add oil, cinnamon and salt. Ripe bananas work best, however any will do.
3. Add oats, raisins and sunflower seeds 1/2 cup at a time and pulse after each addition.
4. On cookie sheet covered with Reynolds® Parchment Paper, drop cookies by tablespoonfuls.
5. Bake on middle rack for about 15 minutes.
Pairs Well With
I recently discovered that I was gluten intolerant, so I have been learning to bake all over again. These cookies were born of a need to discover a fast and nutritious alternative to toast or cereal for breakfast. They are a tasty way to use leftover bananas.
These are flour free, sugar free and dairy free. They stay moist at room temperature if stored in a sealed container. These cookies will probably keep for a week, however, everyone loves them, so, I can never keep them in the house for that long.
I freeze bananas, peel and all, if they are bruised or over ripe. For this recipe, I cut the frozen bananas into two-inch sections and allow them to partially thaw, so that they are easier to peel and pop them right in the food processor.