- Cooking Time: 75
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/2 cups our cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of mixer.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Combine eggs, banana, and sour cream.
- Stir well.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternately with banana mixture.
- Begin and end with flour mixture.
- Mix until blended after each addition.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter in a greased and floured 9 x 5" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Shield with foil to prevent excessive browning if needed.
- Makes 1 loaf.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.