- Cooking Time: 75
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/2 cups our cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of mixer.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Combine eggs, banana, and sour cream.
- Stir well.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternately with banana mixture.
- Begin and end with flour mixture.
- Mix until blended after each addition.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter in a greased and floured 9 x 5" loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Shield with foil to prevent excessive browning if needed.
- Makes 1 loaf.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More