- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup almond brickle chips (about 4 heath bar)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium extra ripe)
- Chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, sift together first 7 ingredients. Then mix in almond brickle chips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs then add oil and mix well; add the yogurt, vanilla and mix until fully incorporated. Stir the mashed bananas into the egg mixture, and then fold into the dry mixture until just combined.
- Pour into a prepared standard loaf pan. Add some chopped almonds over top of cake (optional).
- Bake for 55 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean*. Remove from oven and let stand in pan for 30 minutes and then remove bread and cool on a rack. When completely cooled drizzle chocolate sauce over bread.
- *bake 35 to 40 minutes for mini loaves
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More