BANANA AND MANGO SPRING ROLLS WITH COCONUT-CHOCOLATE GANACHE
Banana And Mango Spring Rolls With Coconut-chocolate Ganache
- 1 can coconut milk -- (14-ounce)
- 1/3 cup palm sugar -- or 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate -- chopped
- 8 square frozen spring roll pastry wrappers -- (8-inch) * thawed
- 2 bananas -- peeled, halved lengthwise, then halved crosswise
- 1 mango -- peeled, pitted, cut lengthwise into 3" long,1/2" wide strips
- 1 egg -- beaten to blend
- Vegetable oil -- (preferably grapeseed oil for frying)
- Fresh mint sprigs
Combine coconut milk, palm sugar, and ginger in heavy medium saucepan. Bring mixture to simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until mixture is melted and smooth. DO AHEAD Ganache can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Before serving, stir over low heat just until pourable.
For spring rolls:
Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 spring roll wrapper on work surface in diamond shape (1 pointed end toward you and 1 pointed end in opposite direction). Place 1 banana piece across center of wrapper, then 2 mango strips. Fold bottom pointed corner of spring roll wrapper up over fruit, then fold in sides over fruit. Brush unfolded part of spring roll wrapper with beaten egg. Roll up wrapper, enclosing fruit completely. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers, banana halves, mango strips, and beaten egg. DO AHEAD Spring rolls can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Pour enough vegetable oil into heavy deep skillet to reach depth of 1 1/2 inches; heat oil to between 360°F and 375°F. Working in 2 batches, add spring rolls to hot oil and cook until golden and crisp, turning often, about 3 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon, transfer spring rolls to paper towels to drain.
Place 1 spring roll on each of 8 plates. Garnish with mint sprigs. Drizzle with coconut-chocolate ganache.