- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting or your favorite cream cheese icing recipe.
- 1/2 toasted chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter.
- Finally, mix in the mashed banana.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- 3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool completely before frosting with the cream cheese frosting.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top of iced bars.
NotesThese bake up into a moist rich bar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
MidLife Road Trip's
Cooking for a CureSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More