- Cooking Time: 20 - 25 minutes
- Servings: Approximately 12 -15
- Preparation Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- ½ cup soft butter (or shortening)
- 1 cup granulated or brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas – mashed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (or 1/3 cup milk + 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Crumble Topping:
- 3 Tablespoons soft butter,
- ½ cup sugar,
- 1/3 cup flour,
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg.
- Maple Frosting:
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons hot water
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
Beat together with mixer until thick: butter, brown sugar and eggs.
Add mashed bananas and buttermilk and mix together for a few seconds.
Add and mix in flour, soda and salt until well blended but do not over beat.
(If you are in a hurry, you can put all ingredients in mixing bowl and stir until well blended but do not over beat.)
Pour into greased and floured 13” x 9” cake pan.
Mix together butter, sugar, flour and nutmeg and sprinkle over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until slightly brown on top and tests done.
For Maple frosting: Stir butter into hot water until melted then stir in powdered sugar and maple flavoring - mix by hand or with mixer until smooth and lumps are gone. This makes approximately 1 cup of frosting. If you need more, increase the butter and water to 1/4 cup each and add more powered sugar and a few drops more maple flavoring. This frosting goes good on maple bars, spice cake, applesauce cake, boiled raisin cake, etc.
Website Credit: http://www.thechefinyou.com/