- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture. With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together for a good 3 minutes; you want a light and fluffy banana cream. Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla; beat well and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated; no need to overly blend. Fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Give the pan a good rap on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Don’t get nervous if the banana bread develops a crack down the center of the loaf; that’s no mistake, it’s typical. Rotate the pan periodically to ensure even browning.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes or so, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Toast the slices of banana bread, dust with confectioners’ sugar, and serve
NotesThis was a really easy banana bread recipe, and the thing I really liked was the little pockets of mushy banana that were in there. It was a nice contrast in texture and taste to the rest of the bready parts. The only thing I changed was I used walnuts instead of pecans in the batch pictured. yum!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Naked MacaronSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More