- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas, mashed up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Optional topping:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 5 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 4 x 8-inch loaf pan.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in well.
- Add the flour last; mix. Pour this mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour in preheated oven. Cool on wire rack. Remove from pan, slice and serve.
- Optional topping: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the milk and sugar. Cook about 5 minutes until it reaches the consistency of syrup.
- Add chopped pecans. Remove from heat. Spread over the bread in the pan. Place under broiler for about a minute or two, watching carefully as not to burn the top. Cool before serving.
NotesBanana Bread recipes are all basically the same with a few differences. I really LOVE this recipe that I've adapted to make a wonderful treat and use for those over ripe bananas sitting on the counter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More