- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas, mashed up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Optional topping:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 5 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 4 x 8-inch loaf pan.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in well.
- Add the flour last; mix. Pour this mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour in preheated oven. Cool on wire rack. Remove from pan, slice and serve.
- Optional topping: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the milk and sugar. Cook about 5 minutes until it reaches the consistency of syrup.
- Add chopped pecans. Remove from heat. Spread over the bread in the pan. Place under broiler for about a minute or two, watching carefully as not to burn the top. Cool before serving.
NotesBanana Bread recipes are all basically the same with a few differences. I really LOVE this recipe that I've adapted to make a wonderful treat and use for those over ripe bananas sitting on the counter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More