- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe I got from a friend of mine when I lived in Wasington State
I have never used another one since.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups + 6 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (5 Medium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Cream margarine, add sugar cream both until light add eggs and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the bananas. Add buttermilk and vanilla. You can add nuts if so desired, I use them.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured bread pans.
- Bake for 1 hour approx at 325.