- Cooking Time: 55
- Preparation Time:
Backstory(from Cook's Illustrated)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 very ripe, darkly speckled large bananas, mashed well
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 tbl (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt baking soda in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl.
- Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.