- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 5 loaves
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 2.5 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup buttermilk(or 2 cup milk w/ 1tb white vinegar)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2tsp baking soda,
- 2tsp salt,
- 4 cup mashed ripe banana's..
- preheat oven to 350F
- Grease 5 loaf pans and set aside
- in bowl add both of the flour's, baking soda, and salt..set aside.
- cream butter & sugar in mixer, add eggs & vanilla, add bananas, then add flour mixture and milk alternating between the 2. Do not over mix or it get's tough!!
- bake 350F about 1 hour
- Makes 5 loaves (recipe can be cut in 1/2 if you want to make less)
- Freezes well, just wrap in foil making sure all ended are sealed.
NotesMy son loves banana bread, but hey what 1 year old doesn't! So I wanted to make something at least a little bit healthier so that's where this recipe comes from. The only difference from my original banana bread recipe is I substitute 1 cup of whole wheat flour in place of all purpose.
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More