- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 5 loaves
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 2.5 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup buttermilk(or 2 cup milk w/ 1tb white vinegar)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2tsp baking soda,
- 2tsp salt,
- 4 cup mashed ripe banana's..
- preheat oven to 350F
- Grease 5 loaf pans and set aside
- in bowl add both of the flour's, baking soda, and salt..set aside.
- cream butter & sugar in mixer, add eggs & vanilla, add bananas, then add flour mixture and milk alternating between the 2. Do not over mix or it get's tough!!
- bake 350F about 1 hour
- Makes 5 loaves (recipe can be cut in 1/2 if you want to make less)
- Freezes well, just wrap in foil making sure all ended are sealed.
NotesMy son loves banana bread, but hey what 1 year old doesn't! So I wanted to make something at least a little bit healthier so that's where this recipe comes from. The only difference from my original banana bread recipe is I substitute 1 cup of whole wheat flour in place of all purpose.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More