- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: lots
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2 med) mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (if desired)
- Combine milk & lemon juice and set aside.
- Mix flour with soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream butter, add sugar, add eggs, add bananas. Blend thoroughly after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients & milk to banana mixture alternately, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Blend thoroughly after each addition. Add chocolate chips (if desired).
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
NotesThis recipe is from my stepmother and always gets rave reviews!
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Babette's Test Kitchen
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More