- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: lots
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2 med) mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (if desired)
- Combine milk & lemon juice and set aside.
- Mix flour with soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream butter, add sugar, add eggs, add bananas. Blend thoroughly after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients & milk to banana mixture alternately, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Blend thoroughly after each addition. Add chocolate chips (if desired).
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
NotesThis recipe is from my stepmother and always gets rave reviews!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More