- Cooking Time: 60-70
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2-4) mashed ripe bananas
- 1 T vinegar + milk = 1/2 cup liquid
- 1) Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 2) Cream together butter with sugar and eggs.
- 3) Add flour mixture alternately with mashed bananas and homemade buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 4) Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes.
- also works well as a muffin batter; adjust time accordingly, about 15-20 minutes.
NotesYet another wonderful family tradition, the love of banana bread has been passed down with this recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More