- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 medium ripe bananas
- 1 can(12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 cups warm water, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 2 bottles (64 oz.) lemon-lime soda
- Orange slices, optional
- In a blender or food processor, blend bananas, orange juice and lemonade until smooth. Remove half of the mixture and set aside. Add 1 1/2 cups of warm water and 1 cup sugar to mixture in blender; blend until smooth. Place in a large freezer container. Repeat with remaining banana mixture, water and sugar; add to container. cover and freeze until solid. Two hours before serving, take punch base out of freezer. Just before serving, place in a large punch bowl. Add pineapple juice and soda; stir until well blended. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
- Note: I divide the base in two portions and freeze in ziplock bags, because the one base makes too much to fit in my punch bowl.