- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Whipped Cooked Icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans (we used a nonstick cooking spray with flour). Cream butter, vanilla and sugar well. Add eggs, unbeaten, one at a time. Sift dry ingredients together, add to butter mixture and stir to combine. Add baking soda mixture, stir. Add bananas, and nuts if using, and mix well.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until tested done.
- Cool on wire rack. Remove cooled cakes from pans and frost with Whipped Cooked Icing.
NotesI found this recipe in a newspaper and decided to make it. My family and co-workers just loved it and have been making ever since. Delicious!
Also see: Whipped Cooked Icing
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Fun appetizers and snacks
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More