- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 2 C flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 C buttermilk*
- 1 t vanilla
- • 1 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- *If you don’t have buttermilk (I never do), just squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a measuring cup, then fill the rest with milk and let it sit for a minute or two. Same thing.
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/2 C butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 3 T mashed ripe banana
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 t vanilla
- pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat until fluffy. Beat in bananas.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the banana mixture. Fold in the vanilla and nuts. Pour into two greased 8-inch round cake pans. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan. Frost cake when cool.
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla. Stir in bananas and lemon juice.
NotesI got this recipe from a friend of mine and she got it from her mama!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More