- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 2 C flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 C buttermilk*
- 1 t vanilla
- • 1 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- *If you don’t have buttermilk (I never do), just squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a measuring cup, then fill the rest with milk and let it sit for a minute or two. Same thing.
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/2 C butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 3 T mashed ripe banana
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 t vanilla
- pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat until fluffy. Beat in bananas.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the banana mixture. Fold in the vanilla and nuts. Pour into two greased 8-inch round cake pans. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan. Frost cake when cool.
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla. Stir in bananas and lemon juice.
NotesI got this recipe from a friend of mine and she got it from her mama!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Food Travels Through Italy
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More