- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 275.°
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, spices, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour (Note: My cake took almost 90 minutes to bake) or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting
NotesBest Ever Banana Cake (Slightly altered. The original recipe may be found at Recipezaar)
Read more about it at my food blog ErinCooks.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The One Dollar Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More