- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a recipe I decided to try today as I have some bananas that are calling to be used in something quick, they are really ripe, and since I have made chocolate pudding cakes before and also blueberry pudding cakes, I thought I would try a different version with another fruit. Sweet banana cake that makes it's own caramel sauce. Delicious! Great with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup bananas, mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine brown sugar and 2 teaspoons flour, set aside.
- Combine 1 1/3 cups flour and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stir with a wire whisk. Make a well in the center of mixture. combine banana and next 3 ingredients, add flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Pour batter into a 8 inch square baking pan, sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over batter (do not stir). Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until pudding is bubbly and cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Serve warm.