- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup bananas, mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine brown sugar and 2 teaspoons flour, set aside.
- Combine 1 1/3 cups flour and next 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stir with a wire whisk. Make a well in the center of mixture. combine banana and next 3 ingredients, add flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Pour batter into a 8 inch square baking pan, sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over batter (do not stir). Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until pudding is bubbly and cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Serve warm.
NotesThis is a recipe I decided to try today as I have some bananas that are calling to be used in something quick, they are really ripe, and since I have made chocolate pudding cakes before and also blueberry pudding cakes, I thought I would try a different version with another fruit. Sweet banana cake that makes it's own caramel sauce. Delicious! Great with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Adventures in CookingSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More