- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup small semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, chocolate chips, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- 3. Cut in butter and shortening.
- 4. Crush 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds to get juice.
- 5. In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg and pomegranate juice then add to dry ingredients.
- 6. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds.
- 7. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.
NotesI created this recipe and originally meant for it to be Pomegranate Chip Scones but unfortunately pomegranate was out of season, however, the banana turned out very nice and moist.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More