- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup small semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, chocolate chips, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- 3. Cut in butter and shortening.
- 4. Crush 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds to get juice.
- 5. In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg and pomegranate juice then add to dry ingredients.
- 6. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds.
- 7. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.
NotesI created this recipe and originally meant for it to be Pomegranate Chip Scones but unfortunately pomegranate was out of season, however, the banana turned out very nice and moist.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More