- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI created this recipe and originally meant for it to be Pomegranate Chip Scones but unfortunately pomegranate was out of season, however, the banana turned out very nice and moist.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup small semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, chocolate chips, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- 3. Cut in butter and shortening.
- 4. Crush 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds to get juice.
- 5. In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg and pomegranate juice then add to dry ingredients.
- 6. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds.
- 7. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.