BANANA CHIP SCONES
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup small semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, chocolate chips, salt and sugar. Mix well.
3. Cut in butter and shortening.
4. Crush 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds to get juice.
5. In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg and pomegranate juice then add to dry ingredients.
6. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.