- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup coarsely mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degress and spray 2 med sized baking pans.
- Stir sour cream and soda together and set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Then, beat in sour cream mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until just blended, do not overmix.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 min or slightly longer.
- You may want to check the middle with a toothpick to see if it is done.
- Makes 2 loaves.
- Great in the morning or for desert.
NotesThis is my husbands favorite sweet food that I make. I took the recipe from my mom but have been making it for years and years. I even made this recipe in front of my college speech class as my "how-to" speech, (which had a short time limit). It is one of my favorites and probably one of the 1st things I ever learned to bake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More