BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups mashed banana (approx.. 4 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixer bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredient for approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fold in chips and/or nuts. Bake in 2 standard glass loaf pans.
- To prepare pans for baking, cut parchment paper to size and place in bottom of each pan and then spray entire pan with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes and then slide knife around edges of pan to loosen edges and turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.