BANANA CHOCOLATE CHUNK BREAD
- Cooking Time: 45-55
- 8 Tblsp. unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
- 1 cup all purpose (AP) flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 3 large bananas, very ripe, mashed
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
Add vanilla and orange zest and mix.
Sift AP flour, baking soda and salt and mix in the whole wheat flour.
Add the flour mix to the butter mix and beat until just mixed (do not over mix).
Fold in chocolate and bannanas.
Pour into a greased standard bread pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.