- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 tablespoons (1 stick + 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until coconut is golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Cool before adding to the frosting.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the bananas, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese and remaining stick of butter with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the sugar, then the banana mixture. Blend well.
- Add the coconut-pecan mixture. Mix until incorporated.
NotesThis is my own recipe. Makes enough frosting for 30
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Naked MacaronSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More