- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs cold water
- 2 fairly large bananas, mashed
- 2 oz Craisins
- For Topping:
- 2 tbs light brown sugar
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tbs butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dissolve 1 tsp baking soda in 2 tbs cold water.
- Beat together first four (butter, eggs, sugar, flour) ingredients.
- Add baking soda/water mixture. Mix.
- Add mashed bananas. Mix.
- Add Craisins. Mix.
- Pour bread dough into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top of bread dough.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
NotesI've been trying to think of a way to spruce up plain ol' banana bread. This is what I came up with. It is so yummy, plan on eating it for breakfast every day until it's gone!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More