- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs cold water
- 2 fairly large bananas, mashed
- 2 oz Craisins
- For Topping:
- 2 tbs light brown sugar
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tbs butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dissolve 1 tsp baking soda in 2 tbs cold water.
- Beat together first four (butter, eggs, sugar, flour) ingredients.
- Add baking soda/water mixture. Mix.
- Add mashed bananas. Mix.
- Add Craisins. Mix.
- Pour bread dough into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top of bread dough.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
NotesI've been trying to think of a way to spruce up plain ol' banana bread. This is what I came up with. It is so yummy, plan on eating it for breakfast every day until it's gone!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More