- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (1 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 18.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- GLAZE frosting
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 3.5 ounce bittersweet chocolate, small pieces
- 1 22 ounce tub refrigerated vanilla pudding
- 2 large bananas
- Position racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat three 9" round cake pans with nonstick spray. Line bottoms of pans with wax paper.
- In a large bowl with mixer on low speed, beat first 3 ingredients until sugar dissolves. Add next 3 ingredients and beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in pecans. Spread in prepared pans.
- Stagger pans on oven racks and bake 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes before inverting on rack, removing paper and cooling completely.
- GLAZE Heat 1/3 cup cream in a small saucepan until just steaming hot. Remove from heat and add chocolate; let stand 4 minutes. Stir until chocolate melts and blends with cream.
- Thinkly slice bananas. Put 1 cake layer on serving plate. Top with banana slices. Gently spread with half the pudding. Repeat once; top with third layer.
- Pour glaze on top center; carefull spread to edges. .
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More