- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (1 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 18.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- GLAZE frosting
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 3.5 ounce bittersweet chocolate, small pieces
- 1 22 ounce tub refrigerated vanilla pudding
- 2 large bananas
- Position racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat three 9" round cake pans with nonstick spray. Line bottoms of pans with wax paper.
- In a large bowl with mixer on low speed, beat first 3 ingredients until sugar dissolves. Add next 3 ingredients and beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in pecans. Spread in prepared pans.
- Stagger pans on oven racks and bake 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes before inverting on rack, removing paper and cooling completely.
- GLAZE Heat 1/3 cup cream in a small saucepan until just steaming hot. Remove from heat and add chocolate; let stand 4 minutes. Stir until chocolate melts and blends with cream.
- Thinkly slice bananas. Put 1 cake layer on serving plate. Top with banana slices. Gently spread with half the pudding. Repeat once; top with third layer.
- Pour glaze on top center; carefull spread to edges. .
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More