- Cooking Time: 75
- Preparation Time:
- 20 vanilla sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 2)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cookies in a blender; process with on/off pulse until finely crushed.
- Add margarine; process with pulses until blended. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 10-inch springform pan; refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Add sugar and cornstarch; beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared crust. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F (DO NOT forget to reduce temperature - very important) and continue baking 75 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Loosen edge of cheesecake; cool completely on wire rack before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight.