- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup firm butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 box (4-serving size) banana instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 3 ripe medium bananas, sliced
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed (3 cups)
- Additional peanuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture is crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup peanuts. Press evenly on bottom of ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until light brown. Stir to break up; cool completely. (To cool quickly, place in larger pan in freezer.)
- In large bowl, make pudding mix as directed on box using 2 cups milk.
- In 2-quart serving bowl, layer half of peanut mixture, pudding, bananas and whipped topping; repeat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Top with additional peanuts. Store in refrigerator.
- Variation: Use sliced almonds for the peanuts for a dessert that is slightly fancier.
NotesLayer the cookie crunch, pudding, bananas and whipped topping in parfait glasses for a more elegant look.
Source: Betty Crocker Cookies, Bars and Cakes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More