BANANA CREAM PIE-IN-A-BOWL
- Cooking Time: 15
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup firm butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 box (4-serving size) banana instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 3 ripe medium bananas, sliced
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed (3 cups)
- Additional peanuts, if desired
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
In large bowl, mix flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture is crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup peanuts. Press evenly on bottom of ungreased 9-inch square pan.
Bake about 15 minutes or until light brown. Stir to break up; cool completely. (To cool quickly, place in larger pan in freezer.)
In large bowl, make pudding mix as directed on box using 2 cups milk.
In 2-quart serving bowl, layer half of peanut mixture, pudding, bananas and whipped topping; repeat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Top with additional peanuts. Store in refrigerator.
Variation: Use sliced almonds for the peanuts for a dessert that is slightly fancier.
Source: Betty Crocker Cookies, Bars and Cakes