- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 bananas)
- 1 cup medium-diced ripe bananas (1 banana)
- 1 cup small-diced walnuts
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Dried banana chips, granola, or shredded coconut, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 18 large muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add the melted butter and blend.
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas, and add them to the flour-and-butter mixture.
- Scrape the bowl and blend well.
- Don't overmix.
- Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, granola, and coconut into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each 1 to the top.
- Top each muffin with dried banana chips, granola, or coconut, if desired.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, remove from the pan, and serve.
NotesThis is also from The Barefoot Contessa. These are out of this world!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Christmas CookiesSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More