- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium bananas, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (any fat content)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, using mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until blended and creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing.
- Add banana pieces, mixing until they are blended into the mixture; there will still be some small bits of banana. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until blended. Add the vanilla and beat for 1 minute. On low speed, add half of the flour mixture, mixing just to incorporate it. Mix in the buttermilk. Mix in the remaining flour mixture until it is incorporated and the batter looks smooth.
- Fill each cup with about 1/3 cup of batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden and spring back when touched. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting
NotesThis is a combination I came up with for a challenge recently. The ingredient I had to use was marshmallow, and what goes better with marshmallow than peanut butter? I thought banana cake would also compliment the flavors very well. These came out wonderfully and I was very pleased with the results! They are very tasty! This will make 12 regular-size cupcakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More