- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 20-24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. mashed overripe banana (1 large)
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- scant 1 c. sugar
- 1 recipe cream cheese frosting
- banana chips, for garnish (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line a muffin tin with 24 paper liners.
- 2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine banana, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, 1/4 c. at a time, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy and scraping down sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.
- 5. Add in flour and banana mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour, and mix on low speed until just combined.
- 6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 7. Allow to cool completely then frost and garnish. Keep in the refrigerator up to three days.
NotesWhat do you do when you've got an overripe banana, leftover cream cheese frosting, and a new cupcake magazine? Make these!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Delightful DessertsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More