- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 20-24
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryWhat do you do when you've got an overripe banana, leftover cream cheese frosting, and a new cupcake magazine? Make these!
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. mashed overripe banana (1 large)
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- scant 1 c. sugar
- 1 recipe cream cheese frosting
- banana chips, for garnish (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Line a muffin tin with 24 paper liners.
- 2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine banana, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, 1/4 c. at a time, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy and scraping down sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.
- 5. Add in flour and banana mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour, and mix on low speed until just combined.
- 6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 7. Allow to cool completely then frost and garnish. Keep in the refrigerator up to three days.