BANANA CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces)cream cheese, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cupcakes, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and banana; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add banana mixture to sugar mixture, beating well.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare the frosting, beat the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla just until blended.
- Spread frosting over cupcakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More