- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces)cream cheese, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cupcakes, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and banana; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add banana mixture to sugar mixture, beating well.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare the frosting, beat the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla just until blended.
- Spread frosting over cupcakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More