- Cooking Time: 20 to 25
- Servings: 18 to 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the creamed mixture and beat well.
- Add the bananas and mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix until completely integrated.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Mix for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Fill cupcake liners one-half to three-quarters full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan.
NotesBlogged at http://howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Cupcake recipe from Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella.
MY NOTES: It took 2 1/2 bananas to get 1 cup mashed. I used the leftover 1/2 banana in the frosting. I got 21 cupcakes. Mine were done at 19 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Short & Sweet
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More