- Cooking Time: 20 to 25
- Servings: 18 to 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the creamed mixture and beat well.
- Add the bananas and mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix until completely integrated.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Mix for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Fill cupcake liners one-half to three-quarters full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan.
NotesBlogged at http://howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Cupcake recipe from Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella.
MY NOTES: It took 2 1/2 bananas to get 1 cup mashed. I used the leftover 1/2 banana in the frosting. I got 21 cupcakes. Mine were done at 19 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More