- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryThis sounds...well...different, but it is good. If you want, you can use very well drained pineapple chunks, in place of bananas. Or half of each!
- 12 slices white bread
- 8 large slices deli ham
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 by 13 glass baking dish.
- Butter both sides of the bread and
- layer 6 of them into the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping them as necessary but keep them even.
- Layer the slices of ham on top of the bread and then the bananas, 6 more slices of bread, then the cheese, potato chips, and bacon.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this over the casserole almost to the top. Bake for 45 minutes until brown and bubbly.
- Cut into squares and remove with a spatula, like lasagna.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Wamogo Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2015
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More