- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 12 slices white bread
- 8 large slices deli ham
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 by 13 glass baking dish.
- Butter both sides of the bread and
- layer 6 of them into the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping them as necessary but keep them even.
- Layer the slices of ham on top of the bread and then the bananas, 6 more slices of bread, then the cheese, potato chips, and bacon.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this over the casserole almost to the top. Bake for 45 minutes until brown and bubbly.
- Cut into squares and remove with a spatula, like lasagna.
NotesThis sounds...well...different, but it is good. If you want, you can use very well drained pineapple chunks, in place of bananas. Or half of each!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
GAES PTO Recipes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More